Get ready for calla lilies, hydrangeas, lavender, roses, and so much more because wedding season is here! Starting in late spring and going through early fall, you can expect to see all things wedding! Like any florist, we love wedding season! We love, love, and love being able to help a couple plan their dream wedding. Wedding season is upon us and Petals & Pinot is here to help you plan your big day!
Selecting Wedding Flowers
Depending on when you are planning to have your wedding, and your color scheme, there are different flowers that your florist will recommend. All flowers have a meaning, and even specific colors have their own meanings. While these meanings might not mean much to some people, be sure to do your research when making flower choices so that they mean something to you! There are thousands of choices for wedding flowers, so we wanted to share with you a few of our favorite flower trends for 2021 wedding season.
- Exotic & Playful Blooms: While we love our lilies and carnations, we are making room for more exotic and playful blooms! The key to a great wedding bouquet is unique accent flowers. We love adding mini calla lilies or brain celosia to our arrangements to give the bouquet that special accent.
- Floral Décor: Flowers as aisle decorations has always been a tradition but this year we are doing it bigger! We are seeing flowers being used to actually frame the aisle ways to create a more unique walkway for the bride and groom. Many brides are opting for wall and floor flower installations as well to help embrace their venue space. This is a great way for couples and florists to get creative and come up with unique arches and designs!
- Meaningful Flowers: Many people don’t know the full meanings behind flowers, but each flower (and its color) has symbolism. Red roses of course represent love, but they aren’t they only flowers that have a romantic meaning. White roses are a symbol of purity, so they make for a great flower at weddings, just like the dahlia which symbolizes a lasting bond and commitment. Find a flower with your partner that has a special meaning to you and make this your signature wedding flower.
- Petite Bouquets: Bigger isn’t always better- this goes for flowers as well! Many brides are opting for more elegant and petite bouquets this year. Smaller bouquets are great because you can really focus on the details behind each arrangement and keep your wedding classic and traditional.
- Vivid Colors Palettes: Many weddings were scheduled to this season due to COVID and plans changing. With this we are seeing a change in your normal color scheme. This is a time of celebration and joy, so many couples are choosing more vivid color palettes to express this excitement. This can look like adding in more pops of color rather than just your normal whites and blushes (which are still gorgeous- don’t get us wrong!!) We have seen many earth tones being used and we are obsessed with it! Try adding in some copper or rusty oranges to make your bouquet more unique!
As you can see, there are many different trends and things to look forward to this wedding season! With COVID interrupting most of last year’s weddings, you can expect most brides to be following these new trends for their 2021 weddings!
Flowers at Petals & Pinot
Whether you are looking to decorate for a wedding of 500 people or a casual backyard wedding, we would love to help! We understand the importance of finding the perfect flowers for your big day but without spending an arm and a leg. As a local florist in Lewisville, Texas, we strive to serve our community with the best possible floral arrangements- and for any occasion really. This year we are rolling out our ‘Boujie Budget Bride’ packages to help our brides achieve a beautiful wedding on a budget. For all of your wedding and floral arrangement needs, let Petals & Pinot help! If you are interested in having us do your wedding, contact us today to start planning!